Friday, March 20, 2009

NIGERIAN SPA BUSINESS



Ok, this may sound a little far-fetched because Nigerians don't have time for nonsense like going to spa unless they are very rich old women with nothing better to do with their lives!! This is the general impression but we may just be wrong. The average woman makes time each week to go to the salon abi, so I think that maybe, just maybe they might be willing to spend another couple of hours every month or so to receive stress relieving massages.

At the moment we have lovely places like the Montaigne Place(don't ask me how its pronounced) in V/I Lagos that provide facial and full body services. They seem to have a deal with Clarins because the place is full of the stuff. Contrary to popular belief, quite a few young women like myself have begun to indulge ourselves in life's little luxuries. I've also heard about a Moroccan inspires spa in Abuja and from what i hear, the place is doing very well.

So I'm thinking, why not make spa services more accessible to a wider demographic by lowering prices and providing native-style massages in a modern, chic spa.

Strangely enough I found an article called How to start a spa business in nigeria..lol!! its funny I had no idea there was anything like that until this minute. It gives the general idea of starting a spa business and has good tips on registering your company. http://www.ehow.com/how_4708595_start-spa-business-nigeria.html


It just occurred to me that I completely ignored men in this post, who said men can not enjoy a little bit of pampering every so often. Perhaps it may even be easy to centre it around men...A couple of skilled "hot" masseuses would be enough to spread the word and keep customers faithful..wink wink!!

Home services could also be offered, with supervision of-course since I don't intend to spark off a call girl/boy service. The problem however is that after training the staff and getting your clientele, the issue of loyalty comes into play, before you know it, someone steals all the staff and starts a similar establishment..I've seen that happen so many times but I guess that should not be a deterrent. Instead a plan needs to be devised that protects the owner and benefits the staff as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment