Saturday, March 21, 2009

HERBAL BODYCARE LINE


My previous post got me thinking about the type of cosmetics that would be utilised in a Nigerian spa and I think that if executed properly, there might be a chance to expand our herbal soap industry. Dudu Osun has done magnificently well, I see it in so many african stores abroad and the price of the bar is decent. Some people have been using Dudu Osun for years and they are very loyal customers. I like the soap as well but unfortunately it dries my skin out. What I'm wondering however is how come there isn't any visible competition for dudu osun. Are we saying that black soap is the only local soap formula that can be reproduced on a large scale? I wouldn't be surprised if there are other soap recipes that are just as good or probably even better. One would definitely need to hire people who are in the business of soap making and understand the whole process. Something that I would be particular about if i were to get into this would be quality control and packaging. Perhaps a whole skincare range can be created..and No! I'm not talking about just paying a company to brand a generic product with your name. Women especially, are always on the look out for ways to pamper their skin so a good product would be an easy sell with the right marketing strategy.

Please don't hesitate to tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment